1. Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Thin slightly FN-018 Bright Blue, pour to the inside, roll to coat, pour out the excess, drain.
3. Brush the light area of the eyes and the belly with two coats of SC-55 Yell about It, use CB-604 Soft Fan and CB-106 Script Liner.
4. Brush three coats of SC-75 Orange A Peel to the top and back section of the owl, use CB-106 Script Liner, and CB-604 Soft Fan.
5. When dry, use a sponge on a stick to apply SC-88 Tu Tu Tango to the ST-113 Circulate stamp, stamp over the Orange A Peel, it has a muted look, if you want it to show more, stamp with SC-73 Candy Apple Red.
6. Brush three coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder to the wings and the beak.
7. Thicken S-2101 Clear with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife, add food coloring to deepen the color, screen the flowers in the shape of a lei on the chest of the owl. Flowers are from DSS-147 Island. To screen, place the shiny side down, rub with your finger the thickened clear, this is for color placement.
8. Brush two coats of color to the various flowers in the lei, use SC-2 Melon-choly, SC-75 Orange A Peel, and SC-6 Sunkissed, the leaves are SC-26 Green Thumb.
9. When dry, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo as in step 7, reposition the flower screen over the painted flower, rub over with the thickened Tuxedo. 10. Apply 2 coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder to the eyes, it is helpful to pencil in the pupil using a circle template. Pupil is two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo, lightly float thinned Tuxedo around the eyes. Outline the eyes and wings, and around the scalloped front with CB-110 Liner.
11. Apply one coat of S-2101 Clear using CB-604 Soft Fan.
12. Fire to cone 05/06